Robert Shaiman has more than 50 years of experience representing and counseling clients in real property, corporate, tax and securities matters.
He is a skilled negotiator and advocate whose representation of clients is analytical, highly efficient, innovative and practical. He regularly provides representation and advice concerning multi-faceted, complex factual and legal issues.
Mr. Shaiman represents and counsels real estate developers and investors in connection with the acquisition, zoning, subdivision, financing, development, leasing, and sale and exchange of real property (including Section 1031 tax deferred exchanges).
He also counsels and advises individuals, corporations, partnerships, limited liability companies and other entities as to a variety of tax, liability and business strategy issues. He also represents entities in connection with Reg D and other private financing.
In 1963, Mr. Shaiman received a B.S. in economics from the Wharton School of Business and Commerce of the University of Pennsylvania. He graduated from the University of Denver School of Law in 1966 with a J.D., and he received an LL.M. in taxation from the New York University Graduate School of Law in 1967.
Areas of Practice
- Real Estate
- Colorado, 1967
- U.S. Tax Court, 1985
- U.S. District Court District of Colorado, 1967
- U.S. Court of Appeals 10th Circuit, 1971
- New York University School of Law, New York, New York
- University of Denver College of Law, Denver, Colorado
- Wharton School, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Honors and Awards
- Super Lawyer (Real Estate), 2006
- Super Lawyer (Real Estate), 2009 – 2012