Justin Plaskov, together with Lynn Feiger, manages the employment law department of Lohf Shaiman. Mr. Plaskov was a key member of the trial team, which obtained a $14,000,000 punitive damages verdict on behalf of seven low wage earners, who worked sorting mail for a private federal contractor. Camara, et. al. v. Matheson Trucking, Inc., et.al., 12-CV-03040 (D.Colo. 2015). Mr. Plaskov has won trials in federal, state, and county court.
Representing an employee in a lawsuit under the Americans with Disabilities Act, Mr. Plaskov obtained a summary judgment ruling in favor of his client. This is one of the only summary judgment rulings for a discrimination plaintiff in the entire United States. Cole v. Weatherford Int’l, LLC, No. 14-CV-1115 (D. Colo. June 23, 2015).
In addition to litigation, Mr. Plaskov consults with clients to help them negotiate severance agreements and non-competition agreements. Mr. Plaskov has specialized expertise in non-competes, confidentiality agreements, trade secret agreements, and non-solicitation agreements.
Outside of the employment law context, Mr. Plaskov represents individuals who need assistance with wills and trusts; estate planning litigation; property disputes, including quiet title actions; breach of contract; construction defect; and a number of other legal claims and needs.
Mr. Plaskov also represents businesses who need assistance with litigation, business disputes, administrative proceedings, corporate documents, and employment law specific documents (including employee handbooks, employee contracts, and employment law policies).
Areas of Practice
- Employment Law
- Business Law
- Will, Trusts, Estates
- Property Law
- Colorado, 2012
- Wyoming, 2015
- University of Colorado School of Law, Boulder, Colorado
- Doctor of Jurisprudence – May, 2012
- Honors: Articles Editor for the Colorado Law Review
- Honors: Courtland H. Peterson Writing Award
- Honors: Public Service Pledge Award
- Honors: Dean’s List
- Honors: Outstanding Casenote and Comment Award
- Honors: CHBA Louise Romero Scholarship (recognizing significant contributions to Hispanic communities)
- Prescott College, Prescott, Arizona
- B.A., Bachelor of Arts – May, 2006
- Geothermal’s Prior Appropriation Problem, 83 U. Colo. L. Rev. 257 (2011)
Honors and Awards
- Colorado PELA 2016 Case of the Year Award
- Identified as a “Promising Start” in CU Law article: CU Law Article
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Colorado Plaintiff Employment Lawyers Association , February 20, 2012 – Present
- Denver Bar Association, August 1, 2012 – Present
- Colorado Bar Association, January 6, 2011 – Present
- National Employment Lawyers Association , November 5, 2012 – Present
Past Employment Positions
- Intern to Senior Federal District Court Judge John L. Kane
- Intern to Colorado Supreme Court Chief Justice Michael L. Bender
- Intern to Colorado District Court Judge Katherine R. Delgado