LYNN D. FEIGER
Lynn Feiger has obtained the largest damages awards for employees in the Rocky Mountain area.
In June 2012, Ms. Feiger received the Mary Lathrop award from the Colorado Women’s Bar Association for lifetime achievement in the legal profession. In 2006, she settled a large class action against the Denver Mint on behalf of its female employees, obtaining $9 million in damages and significant affirmative relief. More recently, she represented the named charging parties against Outback Steakhouse in a settlement obtaining $19 million in relief for class members. She has obtained judgements and/or settled cases against many of the largest employers in Colorado.
Ms. Feiger has been practicing employment law for more than four decades. She tried (and won) the first sexual harassment case in the country and has been successful in obtaining many landmark decisions in Colorado on such issues as the enforcement of handbooks and the right of employees to oppose illegal actions by their employers. She currently specializes in multi-plaintiff and complex employment cases. In 2015 she was successful in obtaining a $14,000,000 verdict in Federal court against Matheson Trucking, Inc. (http://www.denverpost.com/2015/02/11/denver-jury-awards-nearly-15-million-in-racial-discrimination-case/) In addition to her litigation background, Ms. Feiger has a special expertise in employment counseling and settlement negotiations. In this regard, she has a special informational website for employees: www.ColoradoEmployeeRights.com.
Many of the plaintiff employment lawyers in Colorado have been trained by Ms. Feiger. She has been listed in The Best Lawyers in America for several decades and has also been designated one of the top plaintiff’s trial lawyers in Colorado. She also is a fellow of the American Bar Association’s College of Employment Lawyers and is one of the founding members and former President and Board Chairperson of the Plaintiff’s Employment Lawyers Association.
Ms. Feiger attended Brandeis University and the University of California at Los Angeles as a undergraduate, and graduated from the University of Southern California Law School in 1971. She also has a Masters in Law and Society from the University of Denver Law School. Ms. Feiger has published and lectured widely in employment law issues.
- California, 1974
- Colorado, 1979
- U.S. Federal Courts, 1979
- U.S. Court of Appeals 10th Circuit
- U.S. Supreme Court, 1979
- University of Southern California Law Center, Los Angeles, California
- University of Denver, Denver, Colorado
- M.L.S.P., Master of Law and Social Policy – 1974
- University of California, Los Angeles, California
- Litigation Issues in the Implied Covenant & Good Faith (Co-Author), National PELA Employee Litigation Manual, 1990
- Survey of Implied Covenant of Good Faith and Fair Dealing (Co-Author), Wiley Law Publications, 1990
- Emerging Employment Torts and Their Application, American Bar Association, Committee on Employee Rights and Responsibilities, March, 1989
- Employee Rights and Social Media (Co-Author), The Colorado Lawyer, November, 2012
- Heelan v. Johns-Manville Corp., 451 F.Supp. 1382 (D.Colo. 1978)
- First sexual harassment verdict under Title VII in the United States
- Continental Air Lines, Inc. v. Keenan, 731 P.2d 708 (Colo. 1987)
- First Colorado case recognizing employees’ right to sue for employee handbook violation(s)
- Martin Marietta Corp v. Lorenz, 823 P.2d 100 (Colo. 1992)
- First Colorado Supreme Court case recognizing employees’ right to sue for a wrongful public policy discharge termination
Honors and Awards
- The Best Lawyers in America
- Super Lawyers (Employment Law), 2006 – 2017
- Colorado Women’s Bar Association Mary Lathrop Award
- Colorado PELA 2016 Case of the Year Award
- Fellow – College of Labor and Employment Lawyers
Professional Associations and Memberships
- United States District Court, District of Colorado, Member, Initial Committee on Conduct
- Colorado Bar Examiners, Member, Law Committee, 1990 – 1994
- National Employment Lawyers Association
- Plaintiffs Employment Lawyers Association, Co-Chairperson, 1988 – 1993, PELA Board Member 1988 – 2006
- Colorado and Denver Bar Associations, Member
- Colorado Women’s Bar Association, Member